You should have identified a suitable innovation partner/s to work on the project from the other jurisdiction (ROI/NI or ROI/Scotland) and be ready to start your project by March 2020.
Your project should have clear demonstrable benefits to you and your partner/s and represent a fundamental part of your strategic business plans. Your proposal must be able to demonstrate strong commercial potential. Your company and partner company/s should be:
- Manufacturing or tradeable services – with 2 years trading history (lead company).
- Located within the eligible region of Northern Ireland, the border counties of Ireland or Western Scotland (see table below).
- Financially viable - ideally with Profit before Tax (Lead Partner) of €60K (B2B).
- Understand the need for innovation.
- Able to demonstrate the capacity and commitment to support Co-Innovate activity at senior management level.
- Between 5-249 employees.
- Only SMEs will be able to avail of direct financial assistance. An SME is defined as a company with < 250 employees / not exceeding €50 million euro and / or exceeding a balance sheet of €43 million.
- Large companies may apply to be part of the Business to Business/Collaborative partnerships, but they will not receive any direct financial assistance under the programme.
All payments are made retrospectively and so your partnership must be in a financial position to fully fund the project.
Only businesses based within the Eligible Co-Innovate Region and as defined by the European Union, as detailed in the Table below will be considered:
|Jurisdiction in which at least 1 SME partner organisation must be based.||Jurisdiction in which at least 1 SME partner organisation must be based.|
|Northern Ireland and Western Scotland including the Highlands and Islands*||Six Border Counties of ROI**|
|Six Border Counties of ROI **||Northern Ireland and Western Scotland including the Highlands and Islands.*|
* Western Scotland including the Highlands and Islands ie Dumfries & Galloway, East Ayrshire and North Ayrshire mainland; South Ayrshire; Lochaber. Skye & Lochalsh, Arran & Cumbrae and Argyll & Bute and Eilean Siar/ Western Isles.
** Six Border Counties of ROI ie Donegal, Louth, Leitrim, Monaghan, Cavan & Sligo.