Innovative Product Designer job vacancy in Dundalk, Co Louth, Ireland
Innovative Product Designer
- Ref no:
- OVVO Technology
- €35,000-€40,000 depending on experience
- Contract Type:
- Fixed term contract (12 Months)
- Closing Date:
- 05 Aug 2021 at 4:00 pm
Co-Innovate are seeking applicants for a mechanical engineering job vacancy at OVVO Technology, a research and development company for plastic component parts including pushfit fittings, predominantly for use in the flatpack furniture industry, and is based in Dundalk, Co. Louth, Ireland. The role involves CAD design for manufacturing and finite element analysis (FEA) to optimise product design and requires experience in solidworks or similar 3D drawing CAD Design software.
OVVO are a pioneering research and development company designing innovative and clever component parts, primarily for the flatpack furniture industry, manufacturing and selling their patented products globally.
OVVO® is an international multi award-winning Connection System that joins wood and other materials without the use of tools, glues or screws. The concept is a "push fit" solution that allows two pieces of material to easily join with an interlocking, self-clamping connector.
Working in collaboration with leaders in the furniture industry OVVO is continually developing new innovative solutions.
We are looking for a candidate with a super creative, can-do positive attitude that wants to join a growing team to change how furniture is assembled globally.
- To carry out Design for Manufacture & Assembly (DfMA) methods and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to the product to optimise the design
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis for the development of a range of new products
- To assist in the design and development of new products undertaking the product design process
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Associate, Company Supervisor and Academic Lead)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned Co-Innovate Programme Manager
- Complete training courses relevant to the project when required
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required
- Any other duties which might fall within the general remit of the post
|Working for a growing company