Production & Innovation Manager
Production & Innovation Manager
- Ref no:
- 7-22 Systems
- 21a Carinish
- Isle of North Uist
- £28 – 33k p/a depending on experience
- Construction and Manufacture
- Contract Type:
- Fixed term contract (12 Months)
- Closing Date:
- 24 May 2021 at 4:00 pm
7-22 Systems Ltd. is a new ecological construction company, located in the Outer Hebrides. Formed in response to the climate emergency, we combine design experience and innovation, to offer a high quality, architect-designed, prefabricated building system: a new way to build, at the forefront of the environmentally sustainable construction movement.
Our suite of super-insulated, environmentally sustainable building components address the practical and design challenges of delivering cutting edge sustainable buildings, while offering best value, high build quality, and a high degree of cost certainty.
Through our architect-led Design and Build service, 7-22 Systems offers the design flexibility for one-off bespoke projects, along with modularity well suited to a range of standard (customisable) small to medium sized building types. Its intrinsic ease of manual handling brings extra benefits on inaccessible or constrained sites.
For more information go to:
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and outgoing team member to take a management position in the establishment of our off-site manufacturing facility. Not only will you be part of a team delivering cutting edge, architect-designed buildings with outstanding environmental credentials, you will have the opportunity to live and work in the beautiful Outer Hebrides and enjoy all the natural and cultural advantages our wonderful location has to offer.
Reporting to the Directors, you will join us, as we set up our first production facility and undertake construction prototyping, with our first commercial projects planned for later this year. Subject to the needs of the business, there is potential beyond this initial 12-month contract for a key on-going role within the company.
Contract type and working hours:
- Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
- includes a 3-month probationary period
- Full Time post (37.5 hrs /week)
- As part of a Director-led team, establish and set up our first manufacturing facility.
- During initial prototyping engage in hands-on participation in the manufacturing process and on-site construction trials.
- Establish logistics for the manufacturing facility including;
- o The order and delivery of base materials
- o Parts for machinery use
- o Throughput of material through the factory
- Set the manufacturing workflow schedule.
- Manage the delivery of the manufacturing workflow.
- Manage the maintenance and operation oversight of the manufacturing facility.
- Input into the management of the site delivery team’s programme.
- Contribute where necessary to manufacturing / site activities.
- Oversight of manufacturing process staff (to be appointed during Year 1) supporting line management by Directors.
- Research & Development:
- o Contribute to the ongoing development of the manufacturing plant operation, to refine the manufacturing process.
- o Contribute to the ongoing development of the products delivered by 7-22 Systems including liaison with external organisations.
- Academic Partnership liaison with National University of Ireland, Galway, which is providing support, through Co-Innovate, on structural testing of components.
- Client facing communication.
- As part of the 7-22 Management team, ensure the Health and Safety of the manufacturing process follows HSE best practice.
Annual Leave entitlement of 30 days, inclusive of Public and Local holidays
The Employer will comply with its responsibilities for automatic enrolment of eligible staff into a workplace pension under the terms of the Pensions Act 2008
Following one month of employment, Contractual Sick Pay entitlement of up to 15 work days at full pay and up to a further 15 work days at half pay (excluding any entitlement to Statutory Sick Pay and subject to compliance with absence notification requirements)
Appropriate training will be provided in the use of job-specific plant and equipment. Appropriate PPE will be supplied