Project Manager - BWA115
Project Manager - BWA115
- Ref no:
- Utopia Computers Ltd
- 29 / 31 High Glencairn Street
- Contract Type:
- Fixed term contract (12 Months)
- Closing Date:
- 29 Nov 2019 at 4:00 pm
Utopia Computers, are a multi award winning computer manufacturer based in Kilmarnock. The company specialise in bespoke, high-performance computers and have been awarded the UK’s Best System Builder, 3 years in a row at the PCR Awards. Customers include Virtual Reality hardware and software companies, 3D animation firms, Graphic Designers, Engineering firms, Gamers, Financial companies and Scientific research organisations.
Utopia are seeking a Project Manager to develop a contemporary cloud-based IT solution that will develop and integrate a new online ordering system with backend IT systems (finance, stock control, production planning, etc.) which will bring about process efficiencies and improved customer communication and satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain the digital infrastructure codebase.
- Own and drive successful execution and delivery of digital infrastructure project solution implementation.
- Influence leadership within the business areas to create and maintain alignment around the project business objectives, measurable benefits, success criteria, scope, and constraints impacting project delivery.
- Resolve project conflicts and competing priorities.
- Communicate state of the project to executive leadership.
- Drive project execution and delivery according to business needs and requirements.
- Provide digital infrastructure functionality expertise during project planning, development and production-support.
- Review digital infrastructure platform and architecture to recommend effective options for implementing business functionality.
- Collaborate with directors, Utopia team and academic lead to drive digital infrastructure requirements gathering and analysis.
- Assess project health and direct any necessary corrective measures. Apply project management processes to address unique situations. Assess project status and direct corrective measures to ensure project success including escalation and visibility to directors when appropriate.
- Create project plans detailing project schedule, resource/budget estimates, quality requirements and metrics, and organizational change management activities. Establish project roles and responsibilities and provide team members with clear direction.
- Define and document project work breakdowns, monitor task, status, update work estimates and incorporate new tasks into plan as needed.
- Direct daily activities and efficiently manage a project team of business and development resources.
- Evaluate and manage project change impacts.
- Duvet Days
- Living Wage & Scottish Business Pledge Business
- Access to the fun budget (money towards team events)
- 28 days off, inclusive of public holidays.
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Company pension
- Utopia Shares
- Ability to attend industry events (PCR, TedX, Network Group and more)
- Access to discounts for loads of cool brands with Perkbox
- Surprise free lunches (we love pizza, fried chicken and hot sauce. In that order.)
- Flexible working